It’s official. FCA Law Enforcement is expanding its police vehicle lineup, adding a new Pursuit-rated version of the Dodge Durango.
“Unofficial testing results at the most recent Michigan State Police vehicle evaluation event created such a stir among law enforcement agencies that we simply had to find a way to build this vehicle,” said Steve Beahm, Head of Passenger Car Brands, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT – FCA North America. “The Dodge Durango is already known as the Charger of SUVs, so it is only natural that the new Durango Pursuit complements the Charger Pursuit in police fleets across the country.”
The 2019 Dodge Durango Pursuit is powered by the legendary 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine, coupled with a full-time, active all-wheel-drive (AWD) system. This is the same powertrain combination most commonly deployed in the Dodge Charger Pursuit. The Durango Pursuit offers a two-speed transfer case for true low-range off-road capability and incorporates larger, heavy-duty antilock brakes that deliver a 60-0 mile per hour (mph) stopping distance of 134 feet.
Other notable standard features of the 2019 Dodge Durango Pursuit include:
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine with Fuel Saver Technology delivers best-in-class V8 horsepower (360) and torque (390 lb-ft)1
- Eight-speed automatic transmission delivers quick shifts and improved efficiency
- Rear-wheel-drive-based drivetrain is the foundation for Durango’s outstanding on-road driving performance. Standard all-wheel drive (AWD) further enhances driver confidence by leveraging the SUV’s 50/50 weight distribution
- 119.8-inch wheelbase provides added stability and improved handling
- 8.1 inches of ground clearance
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera with ParkSense® Rear Park Assist2
- Eight-way power adjusting driver’s seat controls
- Air conditioning with air filtration
- Under-vehicle mount for spare tire, maximizing interior cargo space and accessibility
- K-9 friendly Tri-Zone interior temperature control
- Trailer sway control
- Spot lamp wiring prep package
- 220-amp alternator
- 800 cold cranking amp (CCA) battery
- Heavy-duty oil cooler and water pump
- Power locking fuel filler door
To learn more about the new 2019 Dodge Durango Pursuit, or to request a demonstration vehicle, law enforcement agencies should call (800) 999-3533.
1Based on the WardsAuto Midsize Sport/Utility Vehicle Segment. Excludes other FCA US LLC vehicles.
2Always check entire surroundings visually before backing up.
Leave a Reply